7/12/13

COLOR SPECIFICS

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND THAT COLOR YOU CAN SEE IN YOUR HEAD?
and when you think you have it.... and it looks good on the paint chip
why does it disappear when you paint it on your wall?

Centsational Girl



I have given up trying to find a gray with a turquoise undertone. The grays with blue undertones looking too baby-boy blue for my taste. The ones with green undertones look too light olive green for my tastes. I've tried the 'greiges and have the same problem. Any suggestions? I'm getting poor just from excessive quart-test size purchases. :( 
Gwen

By turquoise undertone, I assuming you mean a blue green undertone.  Don't give up Gwen, the color is out there.  I am a particular fan of the blue green grays - I have a few favorites...
Benjamin Moore GRAY OWL
 In certain light, Gray Owl has a greenish blue undertone.

Sherwin Williams COMFORT GRAY
I have heard the same said of Comfort Gray by Sherwin Williams (I haven't used this personally)

Centsational Girl came up with this genius hue by mixing Benjamin Moore CAMOUFLAGE with Benjamin Moore MISTED GREEN - 50/50 MIX.

  You may consider a blue green with a gray undertone.   It will be more color, but still a gray toned color

Sherwin Williams SEA SALT
My very favorite is Sherwin Williams SEA SALT.  Its a sooo subtle grayed down blue green delicious color.
Sherwin Williams HALCYON GREEN
 with my second favorite being Sherwin Williams HALCYON GREEN.

Sherwin Williams LATTICE
Softer and more subtle - Sherwin Williams LATTICE.

Benjamin Moore WEDGEWOOD GRAY
 These have a little more of the blue green in them, but still read gray and neutral.  I think they are beautiful.
Sherwin Williams UNDERSEAS
Deeper tones if your room can handle them... Sherwin Williams UNDERSEAS.

Try some samples first.  Always, Always try samples first.  And GOOD LUCK!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...